• 1 1/2 cups Creamy Peanut Butter
• 1/2 cup butter, softened
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 3 to 4 cups powdered sugar
• 1 (12 oz.) package (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
• 2 tablespoons Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
1. COMBINE peanut butter, butter, vanilla and salt in large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on LOW until blended. Add 2 cups powdered sugar, beating until blended. Beat in additional powdered sugar until mixture, when shaped into a ball, will stay on a toothpick. Shape into 1-inch balls. Refrigerate.
2. PLACE chocolate chips and shortening in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM for 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat until mixture is smooth. Reheat as needed while coating peanut butter balls.
3. INSERT toothpick in peanut butter ball. Dip 3/4 of ball into chocolate, leaving top uncovered to resemble a buckeye. Remove excess. Place on wax paper-lined tray. Remove toothpick. Smooth over holes. Refrigerate until firm.
Yield: 5 dozen cookies