* 12 tablespoons butter, melted
* 1/2 cup light brown sugar
* 1 cup granulated sugar
* 1 large egg
* 1 large egg yolk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Beat melted butter with brown sugar and granulated sugar until smooth. Cool slightly and beat in egg and egg yolk. Beat in vanilla.
Combine the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda. Slowly beat into the butter and sugar mixture until well blended. Fold in chocolate chips.
Chill the dough for at least 1 hour, or until firm.
Heat oven to 350°.
Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop mounds of dough onto a silicone-lined or greased baking sheet, leaving about 1 1/2 to 2 inches between cookies. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until set.
Cool on baking sheet on a rack, then remove cookies to rack to cool completely.
Makes 2 to 3 dozen cookies